This is a simple salad to make. There are many versions for the dressing, and my approach is play with it...if you like it sweeter go for it! sometimes I like to add chopped olives or pickles for an extra zing. You can substitute some of the mayonnaise for sour cream or even yogurt, it gives a nice flavor. It is better to make the cole slaw a couple of hours in advanced and refrigerate to let the flavors develop.
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups of finely shredded cabbage, about half cabbage head
- 2 shredded carrots (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (I like cider vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a salad bowl mix the green onions, cabbage and carrot. In a small bowl mix the rest of the ingredients to make the dressing. Combine with the cabbage mixture and allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Taste and season again if necessary before serving.