This soup is rich and great. I wanted to make a soup that will taste like one that I had at a Swiss restaurant in Caracas. I think this one came very close. Combine it with a nice green salad and you are ready to go.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 shallots, finely diced (you can substitute the shallots for 1/2 onion)
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms sliced (if you don't find crimini, you can use all white mushrooms)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth, or water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to adjust seasonings to your taste
Cook the shallots and garlic in the butter and olive oil until translucent, over medium heat and do not brown! Add the sliced mushrooms and the salt, cook until the liquid evaporates. Save 1/2 cup of the mushroom mixture. Add the wine and let it evaporate. Mix the flour and cook for about 2 minutes. Add 3 cups of the broth and cook in medium heat for about 20 minutes. Puree the soup in the blender until smooth, adding more broth if necessary. Turn to the stove and finish cooking it with the sour cream and salt and pepper to taste, until the sour cream dissolves. Serve with a garnish of the saved mushrooms. Bon Apetit!