This Dip is great with chips, but I really like it over sandwiches or veggie burgers.
- 2 Avocados, peeled and pitted
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 scallions (mainly white part), chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro or coriander leaves
- 1/2 green chile (optional), like serrano or jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup regular or Latin American sour cream
- salt and white pepper to taste
Place all the ingredients in the food processor. Blend until creamy, adjust seasonings. Keep it in the refrigerator and serve in the next hour or so, or it will oxidize and change color. Great with vegetables!. If you need to store it a little longer, you can drizzle the top with a little lime juice and cover the container. My mom says that if you store it with the pit inside it will keep longer. Try it, you'll never know.